We believe employees are our most important resource, and that’s why we hire the best and brightest. It is with this belief that we strive to create an environment that is entrepreneurial, nurtures personal development and builds on unique talents. At Summit, you don’t just have a job, but the opportunity to grow and advance in a dynamic operation. In Louisville, we operate 4 FM radio stations: MIX 106.9, Q 103, 107.7 THE EAGLE, and 103.9 THE GROOVE. We also offer a complete array of digital products to help market our radio stations and businesses effectively.
What Is It Like To Work Here?
At Summit Media, our people thrive because individual points of view, experience, and expression are valued. United, our creative and strategic minds will discover new ways to shape and craft our listener’s and customers’ experience, thus creating brand loyalty.
Our Culture, Our People
Media businesses everywhere continue to undergo enormous change. Ours is based on simple principles.
- Is straightforward;
- Respects the past but is forward looking;
- Places great emphasis on open, honest, and direct dialogue;
- Handles decisions with immediacy; and
- Is innovative and knows no boxes.
- At Summit, our people thrive because individual points of view, experience and expression are valued.
Administrative & Sales Assistant
About this Job
Overview: SummitMedia Louisville is seeking a full-time Administrative and Sales Assistant. This position will assist the General Manager, Business Manager, Director of Sales, and Account Managers with a variety of duties to support our Business and Sales Department. Office setting: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm.
The company: SummitMedia is a dynamic, radio & digital company, serving our local customers with focus-based messages that deliver results. With four radio stations (Q103.1, Mix 106.9, 107.7 The Eagle, 103.9 The Groove), four websites, digital product suite, and a team of passionate, creative and talented professionals, we customize message development strategies for clients to share with thousands of potential customers through creative and diversified products on-air, online and on location. We recruit, develop, empower, and retain motivated employees who identify opportunities to create solutions that benefit their customers and the communities they serve. By initiating future growth, professionally and personally, company-wide openness, strategic innovation, and personal ownership, SummitMedia Louisville strives to surpass client expectations. We embrace a professional family atmosphere, where a healthy work-life balance is supported by a culture founded on Respect, Integrity, Customer Focus, and having Fun! We are committed to supporting our community and numerous local charities, including St. Joseph’s, Marine Toys for Tots, The Salvation Army, Shirley’s Way, and Harbor House in Louisville, KY.
Ideal Candidate: A self-motivated and detail-oriented individual who has a desire to learn and grow in a team environment. Successful candidates are dependable team members who are well-organized, have strong written/verbal communication skills, and are eager to support the Business and Sales department with a wide range of tasks.
- Create materials including radio station imaging/positioning pieces, sales packages, sales proposals, informational one-sheets, etc.
- Order entry for all sales orders and input order revisions
- Assist account managers with client research
- Oversee Account Management System
- Generate reports for Director of Sales and General Manager
- Build spreadsheets for tracking purposes
- Update and maintain shared files, keep internal forms updated and available
- Revise sales pieces and qualitative information frequently for general use by Account Managers
- Attend weekly sales meetings and trainings
- Assist Business Manager with monitoring inventory of office supplies
- General office maintenance (ensure office space is organized, stocked, and presentable)
- Plan and organize special events for staff and clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1-year related experience
- College degree preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Skills related to graphic design desired
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing personality with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Paid vacation
- Benefits including a 401K, medical packages including optional dental and vision
- On-going training in both group meetings and individual one-on-one support
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Administrative & Sales Assistant
About SUMMITMEDIA LLC
SummitMedia, LLC is an integrated broadcasting, digital media, direct marketing, and events company focused on compelling local brands, powerful personalities, and meaningful marketing solutions.
It is the policy of SummitMedia LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency.